About

My blog has quite a lot of posts about Samuel West (Julius Caesar, On Chesil Beach and Darkest Hour) and Charles Edwards (My Fair Lady Australian tour and Henry IX).

Saturday 26 September 2015

Charles Edwards - Double Acts, #15secondshakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Charles and Celia Imrie will star in the first episode of John Finnemore's Double Acts on BBC Radio 4. The series begins in October (Finnemore's Twitter, @JohnFinnemore 1|2|3)

This is Charles' take on #15secondshakespeare*

Playwright Ken Ludwig mentioned Charles in an interview about his "Favorite Things" (Playbill).
"As for Much Ado, this funniest of all Shakespeare plays has received two other productions that I love: one that I’ve only seen on tape, with Sam Waterston in the Public Theater production; and one that I saw at the Globe in London with Charles Edwards and Eve Best. Together, they gave two of the best Shakespeare performances I’ve ever seen – and you can get it on DVD!"
Ludwig is referring to a 2011 production of Much Ado About Nothing at the Globe; click here to find out more.

* reciting lyrics, Shakespeare style (Nerd Reactor)

No comments: